Nanocrystalline magnetic cores, such as Hitachi FINEMET, exhibit very high permeability, low power loss, high saturation, very low hysteresis levels up to high frequencies, and provide a very special musical experience.
This SJS Arcadia Model 5 Premier amplifier is hot off the bench, and the first to have both triple C-core nanocrystal output transformers and a pair of power supply chokes.
The Premier version of the Model 5 has replaced the 6SN7 input & driver stage with NOS Sylvania 7N7 valves, which are equivalent to 6SN7 but in a Loctal soctet. It also comes with very special Duelund CAST DC silver foil coupling and bypass capacitors, and Audio Note AN-V silver litz input cable, and features the new solid surface non-magnetic transformer covers.
In common with other SJS Arcadia amplifiers it has been specifically engineered for sonic performance rather than technical specification, and fulfills SJS Electroacoustics primary design criteria:
- Single Ended circuit topology
- Pure Class A operation
- Zero negative feedback
- Valve rectification and choke smoothed HT power supply
- Custom made HT T-network power supply capacitors with silver leads
- Separate mains transformers for HT and filament supplies
- Point-to-point circuit wiring without PCBs
- Star-earth & star-supply wiring
- Hand built
- Real solid wooden frame
- 4mm aluminium panels, black or natural anodized
- Soundcare SuperSpike feet
- Very low noise for use with high efficiency loudspeakers
- Nanocrystalline triple core output transformers
- Nanocrystalline power supply chokes
- Duelund CAST DC Silver foil coupling capacitors
- Duelund CAST DC Silver foil bypass capacitors
- Tantalum film resistors
- Pure silver wire for all point to point connections
- Non-magnetic solid surface transformer covers